“State law requires that employees be paid no later than 13 days after the pay period in which the work has been performed.”
- The work week of the University starts at the beginning of Sunday and ends at the
end of the following Saturday.
- Bi-Weekly staff are paid every two weeks on the Friday following the end of each two-week pay period.
“Northwestern University does not issue pay advances. No hours should be reported for a student before the work is performed.”
Students and temporary employees can receive a pay increase in the followings ways:
- Longevity –an increase of .05 cents per quarter for continuous service with the same employer
- Must be hired by the end of the second pay period in the quarter to be eligible.
- Merit – an increase for job performance –this includes the spring qtr rate + merit+ longevity = the fall rate.
- Effective date is September first work period following new student week.