1. Eligibility: Equipment loans are free of charge and available only to current faculty, students, and staff with valid Wildcards. Quarter loan laptops are available to students only. Only the borrower may handle or use the equipment while it is on loan. Equipment is lent to an individual who assumes the financial risk for the complete equipment set until all equipment is returned.
2. Equipment usage: Equipment is available for curricular and extra-curricular purposes. Equipment may be used both on-campus and off-campus. All patrons are expected to adhere to all computing policies as described at http://www.it.northwestern.edu/policies/csn-use.html. Northwestern University Library assumes no liability for misuse of borrowed equipment.
3. Equipment pick up and return: Equipment may be checked out at the Northwestern University Library Circulation Desk or the Mudd Library Service Desk, where specified. Proxy users will not be permitted to pick up or drop off equipment. Equipment may not be returned at any other location - only at the service desk where the item was checked out. Equipment must be picked up and returned during open hours.
- Main Circulation Desk Hours are: 8am-10pm Monday-Friday, 10am-10pm Saturday-Sunday.
- Mudd Service Desk hours are: 8am-10pm Monday-Thursday, 8am-4pm Friday, 2pm-10pm Sunday (closed Saturday).
4. Loan period: Loan periods vary. Please see Equipment Summary tab for an overview. Consecutive loans are not allowed unless there is a duplicate piece of equipment available to other patrons.
5. Signed statement: Patrons are required to sign a statement acknowledging receipt of the equipment and the terms of the loan before equipment is lent - including financial responsibility for damaged or lost equipment and fees for late return. Equipment will be checked by Circulation staff to confirm its good condition before loan is made.
6. Fines and Fees: Patrons are financially liable for any items not returned on time or returned requiring repair or replacement. For items not returned on time, a late fine of $10 per day will accrue. The full replacement cost will be charged for all equipment not returned by the end of a specified grace period.
a. All fines related to repair and replacement costs will be charged to the library account of the person who checked out the equipment.
7. Return: When equipment is returned, Circulation staff will inspect all equipment for visual damage or missing items. Equipment return may take up to 10 minutes to check all equipment components and cables. The patron is expected to stay until the return process is complete. Patrons are financially liable for any missing cables or components, including items or damage discovered after item check-in.