Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Make the most of the collections and staff at the Northwestern University Libraries. Please note that the Galter Health Sciences Library has different services and policies.
- Your subject librarian for Regulatory Compliance is Anne Zald. Her contact information is provided on this page -->
- Want to avoid paywalls? Library subscription resources can help!! Contact Anne for assistance.
- Make an appointment - we can meet in person, by phone, or online using Zoom
- The Libraries' COVID-19 Updates page provides the latest on access to physical collection materials and other services.
- [Currently unavailable: Through NUSearch you can request that materials be pulled from the shelf and delivered to the NU Library of your choice, including the Schaffner Library on the Chicago Campus. Not located in Chicagoland? Review the Distance Learning Services available from the Libraries.]
- [Currently Unavailable: Reserve a study room in the libraries for your group project work (Evanston campus) or at the Schaffner Library (Chicago campus)]
- Recommended Resources by Subject
- During the COVID-19 crisis, Interlibrary Loan can get things for you that NU doesn't have, but only those that are available in digital format. Due to the widespread closure of libraries, the delivery of physical materials, e.g. books, DVDs, microfilm, etc. is not functioning. Submit your request online and you will be notified by email when the item is available.
- Do you need to Renew Materials that you checked out? (scroll abit after clicking)
Library Service Basics: Hours, Borrowing, InterLibrary Loan, and a word for Distance students (>3 mins)
Introduction to Citation Management software (>3 mins)
Introduction to NUSearch (>8 mins)