The Updates to Library Services page provides regular updates on resources and services. This website includes information on:
- Access to physical books
- Special collections and non-circulating materials
- Reservable study space
- Scanning and book pick-up
- Interlibrary loan
Digital versions of books are usually listed in NUsearch. From the drop-down menu, search using the "Books & Multimedia" tab or the "Books, Images, and More" tab, then check full record for format options.
For information on temporary access to digital books and other materials, some resources are below.
- The ACLS Humanities E-Book Project (HEB) has e-versions of thousands of history and other humanities books. Books that are accessible via HEB are searchable in NUsearch via title and/or author. These titles have a blank book icon on the left of the record and a link that reads ACLS Humanities E-Book. URL: http://www.humanitiesebook.org. Just click on the Online Access link in the NUsearch record.
- For information on the HathiTurst Emergency Access program, see HathiTrust Response to Covid-19 and the Library's Guide to Using HathiTrust. HathiTrust materials that are available via the Temporary Emergency Access are also listed in NUsearch (search by title under the Books, Images and More tab. The catalog record will indicate if full text is available.)
- Some publishers provide free access to materials. See Free Resources Available in Response to Covid-19.