As you work on your projects, you will need to keep track of the references you find. I'm sure many of us have spent hours manually formatting bibliographies the night before a paper is due! Luckily, there are tools called citation managers that will save you hours of time and lots of frustration.
Zotero is a citation manager that allows you to:
- store references in one place
- export citations directly from databases
- automatically format bibliographies and citations in MLA, APA, Chicago Manual of Style, or thousands of other styles
- keep reading notes linked to sources
- insert citations directly into Word
- attach files to your references
- collaborate and share references with a group
For more information on Zotero, you can refer to the Zotero research guide, and consider registering for an upcoming workshop.
For information about citing sources using APA style, you can refer to this guide from Purdue Online Writing Lab.
You can also email the Libraries' Bibliographic Support team with any questions.
Here is a brief video on Zotero: