Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Govinfo department is located on the first floor of the Deering Libary - find us here (below).
Foreign National Libraries
Foreign National Libraries & Bibliographies
A guide to national libraries, national bibliographies, and union catalogs of foreign nations, compiled by librarians at San Jose State University, to support historical research of specific countries and regions.
The Government and Geographic Information and Data Services Department does not collect the documents of foreign governments; this guide was created as a way to access that information. It provides links to the official websites of national governments. Information on nations not on this list can be found on the Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation List of Members.
- The primary audience for the site is the Northwestern University community.
- The country name links to official government portals or homepages and the list below the names links to legislative and executive branch institutions.
- Websites published by individuals or organizations that are not governments are not included.
- Countries are organized alphabetically, loosely following the structure of The CIA World Factbook.
- Territories and colonies of other countries are listed separately if the home rule government has a website.
- Whenever possible, links go to websites in the English language. When there is no English translation of a page it is indicated by:
- the name of the institution is written in the original language.
- a language note included in parentheses.
- Countries without official government websites are also listed and will be linked if websites become available.
- If you have any questions or suggestions please email the International Information Librarian.