Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Standard - used most of the time, general boxes contain text, links, databases, books, etc.
- Tabbed - similar to standard, except you can create multiple tabs within the box. This makes it possible to add more content without making your users scroll far down the page.
- Gallery - displays images which rotate within the box
- databases - mostly subscription/paid resources. Also includes some library catalogs and free
- links - any URL to a website that is NOT a database. Check the database list before adding a resource as a link.
- Rich Text/html - simple text format
- books - an image of the book cover, call number, and URL to the catalog record
- RSS feeds - a web feed that publishes frequently updated information, such as blogs and news sites
- media/widgets - Search boxes, YouTube Videos, etc.
- polls - a list of questions for your visitors to answer
STEP 1: Click Add/Reorder and select Database
STEP 2: Begin typing the name of the database you want to add. Select it from the drop down menu.
STEP 3: At this point you may customize the database description and determine how you would like the description to be displayed. If you do not make any custom changes, the default description will appear directly beneath the item title.
STEP 4: Click Save!
Tabbed Box Example
Dictionaries provide definitions of terms, correct spellings and usage. They are a good source of keywords for searching.
Encyclopedias provide background information on concepts, events, places and people. They are a good place to start exploring a potential research topic. These encyclopedias address issues in Latino studies and race relations.
Latino American Experience
Essentially an online encyclopedia, the Latino American Experience is the latest version of the first-ever database dedicated to the history and culture of Latinos. Be sure to check out the Topics section for a chronological approach to major themes.
Many additional resouces for finding biographies are available on the Online Reference Materials page.
Biography in Context
Biography in Context delivers nearly a million biographical entries across time and place. In it you will find 600,000+ biographies covering more than 525,000 individuals from a variety of reference sources, with 50,000 new or updated bios added annually. Searchable by occupation, birthplace, death place, and nationality.
Standard Box Example
Links - any URL to a website that is NOT a database. Check the database list before adding a resource as a link.
Databases - mostly subscription/paid resources. Also includes some library catalogs and some open access resources
Use the A-Z Database List to to link to NUsearch.
Media/Widgets - Search boxes, YouTube Videos, etc
RSS Feed- a web feed that publishes frequently updated information, such as blogs and news sites. The following is a feed of new e-resources at NUL