Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Criteria used to maintain the Northwestern University Library IGO list
- The primary audience for the site is the Northwestern University community.
- The international organizations included in the list are intergovernmental organizations (IGOs).
Documents staff intend the list to be comprehensive. They include all
the IGOs of which they are aware. However, an IGO must have a web
page to be included in the list. If any person recommends an IGO to
add to the list, staff add it to the list.
- The list links to sites in English, when available.
general, the list links only to the main page (i.e. welcome or home
page) of the IGO's web site. The list links to web pages that are
located within an IGOs web site if:
- it is the web page of the IGO's statistical division or statistical publications.
- it is the web page of the IGO's publications, if there are a substantial number of full-text publications available there.
- it is a web page that is often used.
is a web page which had been used by staff or a patron as a source of
information, but which is extremely difficult to locate using the
site's navigation functions.