Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Expenditures per Students: Peer Comparisons
These data are gathered in support of the NUL Dean of the Libraries' annual collections budget proposal and assessments.
Step One - The Institutions
Below are the institutions included in this comparison.
- Chicago, University of
- Johns Hopkins
Step Two - Data Gathering
- Go to ARL Statistics.
- Go to ANALYTICS.
- Choose INSTITUTIONAL DATA.
- Variables = "Total Library Expenditures" and "Total Fulltime Students"
- Choose the libraries above.
Step Three - Calculate & Report
- Go to L: drive Budget Projections and the folder for the current projection year.
- Use the latest version of Excel file "ARL stats ExpendPerStudent to 20xx."
- Copy/paste and calculate to create chart and graph based on the latest data.