Images are hosted on NUsites in the media library. Before adding them to the media library, make sure they are resized to the size you'd like them to appear on your post. If you plan to create a gallery with multiple images, choose one dimension and resize all photos to match that dimension. Images should be no larger that 800 x 550 pixels.
1. Images can be added in the dashboard or from the post itself.
2. From the post editing screen, click Add Media, then select the Upload Files tab.
3. Drag and drop or select the files to upload. You may upload multiple files at a time.
4. Once your image is uploaded, edit the attachment details. The Alt Text field is required for screen readers, but you can omit the caption and description if you'd like. A summary of options from Campus Press is listed below.
Title: The title displays on the image attachment page, which is the URL that is created when you publish and image.
Caption: Image caption displayed directly below the image.
Alt Text: REQUIRED. The text displayed when image is not available.
Description: Displayed on the image attachment page.
Alignment: The position of the image in your post or page. Options are: None; Left, Center or Right.
Link to: The URL to which the image is linked to. Choices are:
5. Once your settings are updated, click "Insert into Post"
6. If you'd like to make additional edits or adjustments to the image once it's inserted into your post, click on the image and use the toolbar options to change the alignment and display settings.
1. Click Add Media, then click "Insert Embed Code."
2. Paste the embed code into the editing window. To change the size of the object you're embedding, edit the width or height from within the code.
3. Click "Insert Into Post."
Gallery options in the current template are very limited! Due to incompatibilities between the plugin Jetpack and the NUsites Northwestern theme, some gallery options that are offered do not actually work. No matter which type of gallery you choose, it will appear as a slideshow that will automatically rotate.
IMAGE SIZES: it is very important that all images in a slideshow be the same size, otherwise the gallery will need to resize each time a new image is rotated through.
1. Click "Add Media"
2. Click "Create Gallery" and select the images you want to use.
4. Edit the Gallery Settings. As mentioned above, many of these options do not work. It is recommended that you leave them in their default settings of "Thumbnail" and "Thumbnail Grid"
5. Click Insert Into Post and then preview the post to view your gallery.
6. If the gallery needs to be edited, click the image and use the editing tools.