Before saving a post, make sure you've assigned it to the categories available in NUsites. This will ensure visitors can find your post chronologically, by blog/library name, or by topic. You may select multiple categories as applicable!
1. Get on the blog posting schedule by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea and desired post date.
2. Once your idea is approved, log in to http://sites.northwestern.edu/
3. Click the “My Sites” link in the top admin bar to find LIBRARIES | Blog
4. From the Dashboard, hover over Posts and click “Add New”
5. Write your post. If copying and pasting from another document, use the “Paste as Text” tool in the WYSIWYG menu bar to avoid adding junk code to the post.
6. Click “Add Media” to add images to the body of your post. Use of original images is encouraged. Complete the Attachment Details area by assigning an image title, caption, and Alt Text. If the image requires attribution, use the “Caption” section to provide a citation.
7. On the right side of the screen, use the “Categories” box to select the categories under which your post should appear.
8. Add 2-3 relevant tags to your post. It is a good idea to create a short list of go-to tags that you can use on multiple posts.
9. Upload or select a feature image for your post. Images should be 360 x 216. If you don’t have an image to use, the Marketing and Communication group will provide one for you.
10. Preview your post before publishing. If you’re done editing and the post looks good, click “Publish.” The post will be submitted for review and will be published within two business days.