Clickers can be reserved through the Outlook Calendar by searching for NUL Learning Services Clickers.
The receiver marked "34" is set to work with clickers labeled 1-20.
The receiver marked "38" is set to work with clickers labeled 21-40.
You do not need to download any software in order to use the clickers. You only need to plug in the USB receiver, open the program, and begin.
If you want the flexibility of creating question lists without having access to the USB receiver, then you may want to download TurningPoint to your computer. The software is available for both PCs and Macs. There are two PC versions: Install and No Install. You will choose the No Install Version. This is suitable to use on from your desktop or USB drive.
If you've created content on your personal computer or USB drive, you will need to drag and drop that content into the official TurningPoint receiver prior to class.
If you have questions, contact any member of the Learning Services Unit for assistance!
1. Select the Content tab.
2. Click Content, select New and choose Question List. The Question List Wizard opens.
3. Enter the name and a brief description for the question list.
4. Click the arrow next to Preferences to expand the window and adjust options as necessary (i.e. question format, question timers)
5. Click Create List. The Question List Editor opens.
6. Click the pencil icon to the far right of the question if you wish to enter question or answer text. The HTML editor opens.
7. Select a question or answer text and enter the new text.
8. Select a question from the drop-down menu at the top of the window to edit another question. You may also click the back or forward icons at the bottom right-hand side of the window.
9. Click the collapse button to the far right of the question to return to the list of questions.
10. When finished, click Save and Close to save the changes that were made to the question list.
1. Plug in the receiver
2. Open TurningPoint and select a question list under the the Content box
3. Click Anywhere Polling. The TurningPoint window will close and the polling application will open to the upper right side of your screen.
4. Click the play button. Participants may now respond. Once all questions are completed, click the stop button to view the results.
5. Close the application when you have finished polling.
6. Click Yes to save the session. TIP: to save the session before closing the application, click the Options button, mouse over the Session and select Save Session.
7. Name the session and click Save.
8. TurningPoint opens to the Manage tab to view reports.