Northwestern faculty and students will share how GIS contributes to their research. Lunch will be provided.
GIS in Public Health & Economics - Wednesday 11/18 VerSteeg Faculty Lounge, Main Library
- Joseph Feinglass, "Using GIS for the Chicago Chinatown Patient Navigation Study and Trends in Emergency Department Visits and Hospitalizations by Insurance Status during ACA Implementation in Illinois, 2010-2015."
- Neil Thivalapill, "Mapping Health Resources: Ownership of Well-Being in Evanston and Skokie." (Global Health Studies)
- Heyu Xiong, "19th Century American Railroads", (Economics)
GIS in the Environment & Business - Thursday 11/19 Mudd Library Room 231
- Karna Gowda, "Using GIS & remote sensing imagery to study semi-arid ecology." (Engineering Sciences & Applied Mathematics)
- Kezban Yagci - "Use of GIS in Disaster Response" (Industrial Engineering)
- Frank Limbrock & Kelsey Rydland - "The Use of Geographical Information for Transportation Demand Prediction" (Kellogg)