Trial Access to MapVault is available to Northwestern University affiliated users through December 15, 2017, thanks to a product trial arranged on behalf of the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA).
- MapVaultTM is East View Geospatial's (EVG) raster map library delivered as a streaming file service either through a web application or a client's GIS platform of choice. Contains the following kinds of data:
- Topographic Maps (most common)
- Geologic Maps
- Global Aeronautical Charts
- Consider it an aggregated database with between 3-7 new data sets added every month. The product is expected to more than double in size in its first year. BTAA members have access to all data that has been added to the product. Title lists, updated monthly, can be found at the following link: http://geospatial.com/learn/mapvault/ and then scroll to the bottom.
- Makes international digitized maps discoverable in the library environment for the first time.
- Load ISO records in catalog
- Use durable links for individual data sets in Lib Guides or course software
- Browseable web interface
Access is available through the URL’s below:
For access via web browser, please use https://apps.geospatial.com/MapVault/
This URL can be entered directly into either a QGIS or ESRI ArcGIS client’s catalog : https://services.geospatial.com/MapVault/WMTS