This collection assessment template is meant to provide a start. It is not thorough--for example, it does Not include qualitative measures or narrative. Nonetheless, it demonstrates Inclusiveness in the attempt to Capture All Resources Related to the Subject Field.
It begins with a list of Measurement Types and then uses Fictional Data related to Biological Sciences Collections to demonstrate a few collection assessment options.
- Data & Measurements for Collection Assessments
- General Characteristics of the Collection
- Financial Support
- Growth and Collecting Patterns Over Time
- Development or the Building of the Collection
- Usage: Monographs in Print and Online
- Usage: Serials in all formats
- Relationship of the Collection and Big Deals